The AI*IA Conference (23-25 September 2015) will be hosted by the Department of Law (Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza) of the University of Ferrara.
- Università degli Studi di Ferrara - Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza. The Conference will take place in two different buildings facing each other:
Arriving at Ferrara
- September 22 from 13.00 to 17.00: strike of airport personnel
- September 25 all day: strike of NTV personnel (Italo trains)
For updated information visit this page.
You can reach Ferrara from Bologna airport. Bologna has an international airport connected with the most important European cities. The timetable of incoming and outgoing flights is available at the website of Bologna airport. From here there is a special bus (Ferrara Bus & Fly) leaving for Ferrara, alternatively you can go to Bologna's railway station (by bus or by taxi) where you can take a train for Ferrara. See section From Bologna Airport to Department of Law.
The main connections with Ferrara's railway station are Bologna and Venice. The train schedule is available at the website of Trenitalia.
A13 BO-PD, Ferrara Nord or Ferrara Sud exits.
Moving in Ferrara
The Department of Law is in the historic center of Ferrara, located around 750 meters from the castle. Most of the hotels are placed at walking distance from the venue.
You can visit the city center by foot.
Ferrara is well known as the city of bicycles and you can visit the most part of the city by bike. If you like, you can rent one from a local rental. For more information refer to Ferrara in Bici website.
Bus tickets are sold in tobacco shops, bars or, at a higher price, aboard of buses. Bus paths and timetables are available at the Tper website (in italian), or you can use Google Maps.
There is a 24H radio taxi service. You can book a taxi by dealing the number 0532/900900.
From Bologna Airport to Department of Law
There is a bus which travels directly from Bologna airport to the city center of Ferrara (the bus stop is next to Castello Estense). The ticket costs 15 €. The bus schedule is available at BusFly website.
You should take the bus BLQ which stops in front of Bologna's main railway station (info), then take the train from Bologna Centrale to Ferrara (see Trenitalia website). Finally you should take another bus, see From Ferrara Station to Department of Law.
From Ferrara Railway Station to Department of Law
You can take different bus. The buses number 1, 6, 9, 11 and 21 stop near Castello Estense (The Castle of Ferrara) then you must walk to the venue (it is about 750 meters from the bus stop), otherwise you can take the bus number 3 which stops near Palazzo dei Diamanti and then reach the venue by foot (it is about 260 meters from the bus stop).
Parking near the Department of Law
There are many car park near the venue. In following a list showing nearest, sorted by distance:
- Parcheggio Diamanti (Diamanti Parcking), via Arianuova 22. Dist.: 200m. Price: 0,50€/h - 2€/day.
- Piazzale Alessandro Manzoni. Dist.: 400m. Price: Free.
- Piazzale Dante Alighieri. Dist.: 600m. Price: Free.
- Piazza Ariostea, along via Cortile and corso Porta Mare. Dist.: 700m. Price: Free. WARNING: along via Palestro, parking is allowed for up to 40 minutes.
- Parcheggio San Guglielmo (San Guglielmo Parcking), via San Guglielmo 10. Dist.: 1km. Price:
- 7.30 to 20.00: € 1,20/h;
- 20.00 to 24.00: € 0,60/h.