The Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence offers grants for the participation of students in the 14th Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA 2015).
Grants cover conference fees and possibly partially support travel and accommodation, on the basis of the number of requests.
All candidates should
- be enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or PhD program or be recently graduated from a Bachelor/Master program;
- be a member of AI*IA for 2015;
- have good English skills.
The candidates should send the travel grant application to Fabrizio Riguzzi (by email firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 15th of July 2015.
The application should include:
- personal data, phone number, email address and social security number (or Codice Fiscale for Italian students);
- a scanned copy of the passport or ID card;
- a one-page (at most 500 words) curriculum vitae of the candidate. Bachelor/Master students should include the average mark; recently graduated students should include the graduation mark;
- a budget estimating registration, travel, accommodation and meal expenses;
- a letter from a researcher/professor including an assessment of the current status;
- status of the candidate (i.e., student/recently graduated);
The applications will be evaluated by the commission formed by
- Evelina Lamma (organizing committee of the event)
- Marco Gavanelli (organizing committee of the event)
- Fabrizio Riguzzi (organizing committee of the event and AI*IA board of directors)
The commission will evaluate the submitted applications, and will select the students that will receive the grant on the basis of the following priorities
- Ph.D. students participating in the Doctoral Consortium (please note that the Call for DC Papers is still open: http://aixia2015.unife.it/
- students with a paper accepted at the AI*IA conference, or any of the AI*IA Workshops
- other Ph.D. students
- bachelor and master students and, among these, according to the average of their exam grades
- recent graduates
The selected students will have to confirm their participation in the symposium in 2 days.
After the event, the selected students will have to send a scanned copy of the certificate of attendance to the AI*IA treasurer Sara Manzoni (by email email@example.com) together with their IBAN account number.
Moreover, they have to send the originals of the receipts by mail to the AI*IA accountant
Dott. Marco Ori
Studio associato Mancaruso
Via S. Mamolo 29